Saturday 11 September 2010

Capbreton

It was an early departure for Capbreton on Friday morning. I went to bed for two hours, before jumping in the car at 2am with Marion and a few of her friends to make the 10 hour trip to the opposite corner of France in the South West. I had spent 4 days in Thionville getting treatment before my place opened up in Capbreton. This place is reserved specifically for Professional athletes and supposed to be the best rehabilitation centre in all of France. Since arriving, I can tell you that the food is the best!

There is a set menu that we were given for the week with a few options at each meal. Fish or Meat. And this stuff is goooooood!

Though the food has been great so far, the big appeal (other than the results and quick return to game action) is the Ocean. This place is right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, with surfers everywhere. Looks great, too bad we are not allowed to go in the water if we are here for treatment.

http://www.cers.org/cap/

I can live with that, as long as when I leave this place I will be 100% healthy and ready to rock on the ice. It has been tough but I know this is the best place to be and I have the best people working to get me back to the top.

And surprising enough for France......they even work on Saturdays :) Ok, off to see my physio!!!

1 comment:

MartyGervais said...

Glad you are there finally. Work hard, and get back in the game! (Ignore my email earlier this morning).