Monday 27 September 2010

Sorry Mom, No Internet

Listen mother, I had no internet ok! I finally got internet again this morning, as the boutique here at the CERS was closed all weekend. It costs $10 for a week of internet or $40 for a month. Since I am only here for 3 weeks, I have had to renew the internet now twice. Though last Friday I forgot and ended up with no internet all weekend. After taking a temporary break from the computer (Friday) because I was up late on Thursday night watching NHL highlights and videos, I indirectly was punishing myself by not going on the computer all day Friday. Then I totally forgot to renew! Ok mom, there is the explanation, sorry :)

So, a lot has happened in this past week, I have moved on to some new machines to strengthen my quads and hamstrings while also taking on AQUA GYM!!! If someone is reading this out loud to some eager listeners, it may sound as though I have begun a wrestling career against a vicious super hero named Aqua Jim, but in fact it is only a workout in the pool, to simulate running and changes of directions.

I have also been attacking the Spin Bikes (Velo for our French readers) every other day so I can have my conditioning up to speed for when I get back on the ice with the team!

With only 3 days left of work before I get on the train and head back to Epinal, I am starting running and movement outside tomorrow, as well as meeting with the Doctor to set up a plan for when I return to Epinal. I sure am hoping these next 3 days go smoothly, as I am anticipating a return to the ice upon arrival. Suiting up for a game is still unclear but at least at this point I believe my knee is strong enough and stable to begin skating, then hopefully lead into changes of direction, followed by contact and some games!!!! I am so excited to get back out there and just be around the rink everyday. After all, it is my job, and I love my job!!!

Another positive thing is that while I was away, the workers came to the house and finished the kitchen, so I will be heading home to a nicely renovated kitchen. Remember how much I love to eat! Almost as much as I love hockey.

Marion is back to school now too, she is just starting her 2nd week now in Nancy for Law school. Yup, not just a pretty face ;) It will be great to see her too, and considering I did not have internet, it made it a bit complicated this weekend to talk since we had planned to talk on Skype. Though now that I have it, she has informed me that she can't find her camera anyways hahaha! (I hope she is finding it as I write this :) )

Well......what else is there to say now.... my team got 1 point on the weekend, losing in a shootout. That's better than we did in the home opener, losing 1-0, getting scored on in the last 7 seconds of the game. I sure am eager to get back and help out as much as I can, I have made huge progress in these past few weeks, the return of #15 is coming!!!

1 comment:

donna g said...

I thought you had gone off touring Spain for the weekend, obviously that is not part of the plan. Hang in there.