Friday 21 November 2008

Coupe de France (Gap)


A little delay here on the blog, I have just been side tracked a bit these last few days. So last Tuesday we were in Gap, playing the 1/8th of La Coupe de France. This was against a team in Division 1, (2nd league in France) so we should have beat them easily. That was not the case though, be it the long 9 hour bus trip, or maybe we just underestimated our competition. Either way, we had a tough time beating Gap and I give them a lot of credit for the game they played against us. We trailed 2-1 at one point and in the 3rd period it was tied 3-3. Ilpo Salmivirta and Alex (Klas) Sundquist had great games for us and carried the load on the second line. Our top unit was not too productive but were able to get on the score sheet for a goal by Plch. We won the game, I was able to get an empty net goal to finish them off 6-3. That was the first time I've scored an empty netter since I was like 19 years old in Leamington.

The rink in Gap was pretty cool, but if we had to play there on a regular basis I would think not because it was so cold. At both ends of the rink it is open to the outdoors, and by the time the 3rd period came around, having my t-shirt soaked with sweat, I was pretty cold before we got moving. After the game, we had some pizzas in the bar upstairs before embarking on our journey back to Epinal. It was a pretty long trip and we didn't get home until about 8:30am, probably the reason I slept all day.

Nice mountains in the background there



Oh and before the game, we walked around in the town a little bit, and I was fortunate enough to find a cool hat in Celio*. Most of the guys liked the hat and since there was no mirror in the dressing room, we had to use my camera to see how it looked on them.

Bora!

Leo!

Anthony!

Me! I think it looks best on Bora actually....


Well, it looks like it is bed time now, big game against Tours tomorrow, I forgot to mention I went Bowling today. First time in years, I will write a more detailed story about that next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thaks a lot for every thing you do in this team !
Gap is composed from several players who have ever playde in Magnus, so it's a pretty good team ;)
Big game tonight versus Team Canada, (sorry Tours and its 16 canadian players)