Monday 24 November 2008

Bowling to Rouen

Tomorrow we are off to Rouen for the second time this season. Last time we made history, defeating them for the first time in our team's history and since then we played them in Epinal, beating them 5-3 in the first of two games in La Coupe de la Ligue. So as we head there for the final game, we basically have a 2 goal lead and even if we lose by 1 goal, we still win the series and advance to the Semi Finals.

Also, on Saturday we hosted Tours, who before the game was 2 points ahead of us. Key word was "before" the game. The game was only a minute old and we already had a power play, then a 5 on 3, then another Tours player was sent to the penalty box. In all, Tours took 7 straight penalties in the first 10 minutes of the game and thankfully our power play was on fire, depositing 3 goals with the man advantage and another goal even strength for a 4-0 lead midway through the first period. That is the story for the game, we went on to win 5-1 and I must mention that Guillaume Chassard scored on the power play in the 2nd period to help celebrate his 31st birthday, so happy birthday Chass!

Sunday marked a great relaxing day too as I ate over at the Mauffrey's house! Sophie made a fantastic tartiflette, since we have not had that on any of the recent road trips and I have just been dying for it! Then to top it all off, for dessert- Creme Brulée, Woooooooooooooo! So it was awesome. Then for the 2nd time in a week, I was lured back to "Magic Bowling" or as they pronounce it here in France "booling." I can't believe I didn't know about this place before. It is a bit different than the bowling alleys back home in Canada, as there it is mostly.....well it just isn't a great crowd from my experiences. Here though in Epinal, as I walked in, very curious and excited at the same time about my new find, I was asked immediately to remove my hat. I though "oh, well yes of course, how could I have been so rude?" I felt as if I had walked into the Vatican and the Pope told me to remove my cap. I should have known.

Nice shot of Lane #1 where the Magic took place!



Perfect Form!


Myself and Nico, pose with my #15 Ball


Nico and Romain share a smile, even though they are tied for last place at the time!


Caicco was not too happy with his 2 gutter balls in a row, so he is seen here, practicing his approach with another ball. While Romain awaits the "Strike Maker" to surface after his shot.

It was a pretty good time there, with video games, pool tables, air hockey, and food of course. It is just a relief to finally start doing things in this town, instead of staying in the house all day waiting for practice to come. And while on my way to Magic Bowling, I noticed right next door they Go Karts and a Laser Tag place. It is funny how I am more excited about these places now, than I was when I was a kid. Too bad my birthday just passed, otherwise I would have invited the whole team for a Bowling/Go Kart/Laser Game Party!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph!
I have no doubt that the tartiflette was good, but when I come back you'll let me have my place!
BTW tell Nico and Romain that they look like 12 years old childrens on the pix, especially Romain!