Monday 1 December 2008

No Internet! No Blog!

Sorry I have not posted anything as of late, but we have not had any Internet at our house for a while now. This morning the guy from France Telecom came and took care of it, so keep your fingers crossed that no more problems occur. Let me try to think back to what we missed here..... we lost in Rouen and were eliminated from the Coupe de la Ligue, and then last Saturday we took one of our longer trips out to Angers and played a solid game against one of the top teams and lost in Overtime.

Since there has been no Internet, I have been spending most of my time playing my guitar and my recently purchased harmonica. I bought this guitar when I got to France last year and have been playing now for just over a year. I try to focus on playing songs that everyone knows and can sing along with but with the language barrier and all, it proves to find any songs the my french friends know. So I have been working on one a bit, not the most manly song but it is popular right now "Toi + Moi" hahaha. Using the guitar/harmonica combo, I try to play some Bob Dylan songs like "Blowing in the wind," "Hurricane" and cannot forget the song that my dad has just butchered for as long as I can remember, "Mr. Tambourine Man." I can honestly say that my dad has attempted to sing that song every day of his life and has never known the words. It usually goes something like "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, sing a song for me, gingle gangle ringle rangle, bingle bangle tangle!" and then it keeps repeating, and repeating, and repeating. Only those words.........




Ok, moving on.... oh yes, I cannot forget my go to song of Billy Joel's Piano Man, I am excited to get back to Canada where people have actually heard of it and will be able to sing along. That will have to wait though. I was scheduled to head home mid December because we have a week long break while the National teams get together in Europe, but since we play on the 23rd of December against Angers in Coupe de France, we have to be back a bit earlier than expected. The flights to Canada and back were 1400 Euro or about $2300 Canadian so it is not going to be possible. I have to somehow find a way to get all my Christmas presents from my mom still???





Well that is all, a quick little entry here to get the ball rolling again and since the Internet is back up and running, I will be able to write more regularly. I appreciate all the hassle from my good friend Rob Weitemeyer whose highlight of the day is reading my blog and then mocking me as he speaks to me in only quotes from my articles. It is amazing he is able to laugh and smile again as he still endures pain from having his Wisdom Teeth removed 3 years ago.

1 comment:

Lililafurie said...

J'en apprend tout les jours avec ton blog je ne savais pas que nos joueurs de hockey des "Dauphins" étaient aussi mélomane, en tout les cas j'espère que la prochaine fois nous aurons droit au son et à l'image (lol)? ;-) En attendant si tu veux qu'ils sachent chanter cette chanson apprend leur les paroles, d'ailleurs en flânant sur le net je les ai trouver les voilà:

Paroles Billy Joel Piano Man

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday

The Regular crowd shuffles in

There's an old man sitting next to me

Makin' love to his tonic and gin



He says, "Son, can you play me a memory

I'm not really sure how it goes

But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete

When I wore a younger man's clothes"



La la la, de de da

La la, de de da da dum



Chorus:

Sing us a song, you're the piano man

Sing us a song tonight

Well, we're all in the mood for a melody

And you've got us feelin' alright



Now John at the bar is a friend of mine

He gets me my drinks for free

And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke

But there's someplace that he'd rather be

He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me."

As the smile ran away from his face

"Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star

If I could get out of this place"



Oh, la la la, de de da

La la, de de da da dum



Now Paul is a real estate novelist

Who never had time for a wife

And he's talkin' with Davy, who's still in the navy

And probably will be for life



And the waitress is practicing politics

As the businessmen slowly get stoned

Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness

But it's better than drinkin' alone



Chorus

sing us a song you're the piano man

sing us a song tonight well we're all in the mood

for a melody and you got us feeling alright



It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday

And the manager gives me a smile

'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see

To forget about life for a while

And the piano, it sounds like a carnival

And the microphone smells like a beer

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar

And say, "Man, what are you doin' here."



Oh, la la la, de de da

La la, de de da da dum



Chorus:

sing us a song you're the piano man

sing us a song tonight

well we're all in the mood for a melody and you got us

feeling alright.

Alors bon cours de chants lol et bonne continuation sur ton blog!

M.A