Wednesday 24 December 2008

Joyeux Noel

It has been way too long since my last blog and I take 50% of the blame for it. On my part, after our embarassing 11-0 loss to Amiens, I really was not in the mood for writing anything, and on the other side, my computer is not working. So if you know anything about Macs let me know, cause I cant get past the first grey screen with the apple logo and circle charging thing.

So this will be my second year missing Christmas with my family back in Canada but it shouldn't be as bad as last year as I now know many more people here in Epinal and can almost start to call this place home! Before my computer went down, I was still planning on spending Christmas morning with my family via Webcam, but that will now have to be done over the phone :( In preparing for that, I spent the last week learning Christmas songs on my guitar and have been pretty solid with "Frosty the Snowman," "Jingle Bells," "Rudolph," and "Silent Night." It is even better when they have a french version of these songs because the chords are still the same on the guitar, but it appeals to a larger audience! Oh and I almost forgot Adam Sandler's Chanukkah song!

It is really hard to express just how much I love Christmas, and if my computer was up and running then I would be able to put up the pictures from the great Christmas Market in Strasbourg or show how I decorated the windows in our house with fake snow. Well like every year I have to go finish up my Christmas shopping the day before the big day and for a change open up some presents tonight. Normally back home we are up at 6am to start opening the presents up, but it seems in Europe they the 24th is more important than the 25th, and the gift opening follows a great meal which lasts usually 3-4 hours. I will have to let everybody know how it goes.


Merry Christmas Joyeux Noel!!!

1 comment:

Lililafurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.